Virtual Assistant Opportunities Always Available
Before you decide to become a Virtual Assistant, it’s essential to know exactly what being a Virtual Assistant entails. According to Wikipedia, ” A Virtual Assistant is generally self-employed and provides professional administrative, technical, or creative assistance to clients remotely from a home office.” To break down Wikipedia’s definition, a Virtual Assistant is like an office secretary that assists the office by doing an administrative task but instead from the comforts of there own home. The client you work for can be in a different state or country from you, but because of the internet, you can now assist an employer anywhere in the world. Usually, Virtual Assistants get to set there own schedule and are independent contractors. If successful, you can build a business offering your administrative skills to various clients. If becoming a Virtual Assistant sounds like a great way to earn an income from the comforts of your own home, below is a list of companies who help you find work as a Virtual Assistant.
- Zirtual hires Independent Contractor Virtual Executive Assistants in the United States. Your hours are Monday through Friday 9 am-6 pm Monday-Friday with US Federal Holidays off. You will be working for clients who are on your coast. The hours you work are based on Pacific and Eastern time Zones. This postion requires you to have a degree or minimum of 7 years of experience as an executive assistant with four years minimum administrative expertise. Virtual Assistants are paid 50 % of their client’s monthly subscription to Zirtual. The pay can be anywhere from $13.00 to $18.00 an hour.
- Fancy Hands hires Virtual Assistants to complete the various tasks. If you are right on the phone and can do internet research, this is a great way to earn extra income. You can make anywhere from $3.00 to $7.00 per task but can increase over time. You get to set your hours. You will get paid every other week on Tuesdays via Dwolla.
- Bodly is a staffing company that matches Virtual Assistants with Executives, Small Business Owners, and Entrepreneurs to help with completing the administrative tasks needed for there company or business. Bodly is currently looking for people to fill the following positions: Executive Assistant, Marketing & Social Media Specialist, Project Manager, and Executive Assistant Paralegal. When you apply, you get to pick the postion that closely matches your experience and expertise. You must have at least seven years’ experience in the postion you choose. As a W-2 employee, your taxes will be automatically deducted from each pay period. The starting pay is $20.00 an hour. You get to set your schedule.
- Upwork matches freelancers with businesses to do a variety of different types of jobs remotely. On Upwork, a freelancer can advertise their skills and can charge what they want for the work they will do. There are at least eight different categories anywhere from customer service to web development. Also, as a freelancer, you can search for jobs on Upwork and bid for the postion. These jobs can be short term to long term contracts. Upwork will charge you a fee based on the amount of money you make. The more you charge, the less your cost will be. You can choose from a variety of payment methods to get paid for your work.
- Time Ect matches freelance Virtual Assistants with Entrepreneurs to complete a variety of administrative tasks. You must have at least five years of work experience. Experience working from home is a plus. Make sure you are available to work during the day. The pay is $11.00 to start part-time.
- GURU also matches freelancers with entrepreneurs and businesses to do a variety of different types of jobs remotely. Guru is very similar to Upwork. You have the option to do a job for just about anybody in the world. You get to set the fees. As a freelancer, you will also be able to bid for a job you may want. Unlike Upwork, Guru charges a flat 5% transaction fee for whatever you make for the job you do. However, Guru has mostly independent contractor jobs, and there isn’t as much to jobs to choose from compared to Upwork. What Guru has that Upwork doesn’t have is something called safe pay. Safepay requires the client to prepay what they are willing to pay for a job. You get to see the money there waiting for you until you complete the task. Once you complete the task, the money is released to you instantly to the payment method you choose.
- Fiverr lets a seller create there own job to market to buyers for your service. The Category of services you can offer can range from Virtual Assistant, Graphic Design, to Customer Support. You get to set the fee you charge for your service. Also, Fiverr offers courses you can take for a small price to improve your skills to market to clients who may seek your assistance. Some people work Fiverr full time and part-time. You can start selling your service on Fiverr by creating a gig and building your profile. You will get an email when a customer orders your services. Once you complete your work for the client, you get paid immediately. You can charge anywhere from $5.00 to $995 for your service. It’s completely free to sign up for Fiverr. However, Fiverr will keep 20% of each payment you receive from your clients.